cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 12.5, licenses dropping

lb123
Level 1
Level 1

This has been an ongoing issue that I'd thought I'd fixed a while back.  Our CuC 12.5 was up and running, licenses and everything working just fine for months, then around the first week of Feb we all the sudden we couldn't create mailboxes anymore due to exceeding licenses.  The license area in the GUI now says "no license in use", so it clearly doesn't think it has any now.  Problem is, I cant install any more or re-install the same ones.  We manually installed these licenses using the "license smart request" etc etc and had it working that way.

Now, when I try any "license x" command in the CLI I get errors.  Just to show you a few:

admin:license smart reservation request
Error occured while processing request :com.retrogui.dualrpc.common.CallException: <remote_exception><sessionid>28271889</sessionid><class>java.lang.NullPointerException</class><message>null</message></remote_exception>
admin:show license summa
admin:show license summary
Error occured processing show license details request ....
admin:show license tech support
Error occured processing show license details request ....

So I cant return licenses, I've had a few TACs open on it, not getting anywhere with those.  Hopefully someone has some kind of idea.  Before all this had happened, I had reinstalled unity and installed fewer licenses because I was getting these errors immediately after a new install.  After reinstalling and installing fewer licenses, it was fixed...until now.  Also, this is all setup on a VM 6.7 UCS 220 box if that means anything.

2 Replies 2

Does license smart renew auth work?

If it is 90 days when the licensing dies, I'm wondering if the system is not syncing with Cisco periodically, or with its satellite server (which I'm thinking you don't use given what you've written) periodically. If you are licensing directly from Cisco, make sure Unity has internet access when you try that command.

Maren

Thanks, 

I cant plug into the internet, DoD rules and all....its never been attached to the internet or to any satellite server.  

But when I use that command now I get:

admin:license smart renew Auth
Error occured while processing request :com.retrogui.dualrpc.common.CallException: <remote_exception><sessionid>23775752</sessionid><class>java.lang.NullPointerException</class><message>null</message></remote_exception>