cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.3 to 4.0.5 Upgrade process, 1 at a time, potential issues?

palves
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'll be upgrading a Unity Server in North American from revision 4.0.3 to 4.0.5.

There are 2 other Unity servers in Asia that are part of the SAME AD DOMAIN and are at revisions 4.0.3 (to be updated at a later date). They all share the same Unity AD Domain Accounts.

I'm concerned that potentially the change in schema (4.0.5), may somehow impact the 4.0.3 servers (to be updated at a later date), since they are on the same domain and share the schema and unity accounts. Would the 4.0.5 schema change mess up the 4.0.3 servers?

I will also be running the permissions wizard on the unity accounts that are also shared by all 3 unity servers (though I doubt this will cause issues).

Does anyone see any issues?

Thanks,

Paul

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul -

If my recollection is correct, there were no new schema updates between 4.0(3) and 4.0(5). Running the 4.0(5) schema setup will update the Unity version and is backward compatible with your 4.0(3) systems. I also don't think you will have problems with updating the Permissions Wizard. Our three servers use the same Unity accounts and I've run the PW on one server in prep for an upgrade without impacting the other two running servers. Something else I would do is review the 4.0(5) engineering specials to see if any apply to you and confer with TAC -http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a0080599ea7.html (I know it looks like a lot, but 4.0(5) was VERY stable for us. I always like to be prepared when doing an upgrade and know in advance if I might encounter a bug. Just a quick question, any reason you wouldn't want to go to 4.2(1) instead of 4.0(5)? The amount of time doing the upgrade is about the same. Something to consider :-)

Ginger