cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(4) Cannot leave messages from "Outside Callers"

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Error I am getting in the Event Viewer. Internal Subscribers can leave messages but outside callers cannot. I have seen some posts about not being able to logon to the Unity_ServerName account to send messages from unknown callers, etc and suggested blowing away this account, deleting the profile, and deleting from SQL (would like some procedures on this). This is Exchange 2k, partner server is Exchange 2k.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_PHGreeting

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 439

Date: 8/4/2004

Time: 11:19:36 AM

User: N/A

Computer: CSICVM01

Description:

The Unity mailbox for sending outside caller messages is not availble. Possible reasons could be that the mailbox was deleted, or is this is a Exchange 2K implementation, the RUS service is not running or is not scheduled right.Technical details - The smtpaddress field in the subscriber view for Subscribers with type 0 is either blank or NULL. The only subscriber with type 0 should be the Unity mailbox.

When users

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

details for removing the MAPI profile and removing the account in AD/SQL can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/mailstore-no-start.html

after you call in and leave/retrieve a message the first time, Unity will create the account and profile on the fly (in earlier versions of Unity it's created when you start Unity).

Ok, went through that entire link. Deleted MAPI Profile (it was recreated), however the Unity_ServerName will not re-create in Active Directory. It is still in SQL but I deleted the DirectoryId value. Re-ran Setup.exe (no errors), re-ran Permissions Wizard (no errors). Rebooted Unity and the account will not re-create nor will Unity AVCsMgr start. Kind of stuck.

Ok, besided following this link:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/mailstore-no-start.html

After deleting MAPI Profile, I had to go to Add/Remove Programs and go to Message Store Wizard, from there re-run Message Store Wizard and that re-created the AD account Unity_ServerName.

However, I am back to where I was originally where outside callers cannot leave VM's. I don't see any other issues.

Do you still get the same error message? If yes, this is a clue to follow on "smtpaddress field in the subscriber view for Subscribers"

Open the Unity_ account in ADUC. Is there a smtp address? If yes, note it. If not, create one and check your RUS server if you have Exchange server.

Open your sql unitydb database, and open the suscriber table. Make sure the SmtpAddress field for the Unity_ account is populated.

H. M.

Ok, re-ran setup.exe -sync, rebooted and now I am back in good shape. This is the second Unity 4.0(4) that has had this problem in a row. Myself and the fellow engineer have atleast 80 Unity builds between us over the past 3-4 years and have never had this happen and now two in a row w/ 4.0(4). Just curious...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: