cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 Installation Question (Non-Failover)

adham_tahoun
Level 1
Level 1

Good  Day,,,

Can I use one stand  alone MCS server, to install Unity 4.2 (Voice Messaging - Non-Failover), and at  the same time, install AD and Exchange 2003 (On Windows 2003 of course) which  will be integrated with for the use of Unity 4.2?

In the Guide  provided by Cisco, it says that you have to use Exchange 2003 on a separate server (partner server), but in Cisco Unity 4.2 System Requirements Guide, it  tells you for Voice Messaging solution, you can use the same  server.

The Solution will  serve 100 users whom are licensed to have a  voicemail.

Well,  unfortunately, I did install AD, Exchange 2003 and Unity 4.2 on the same server, but I found many errors appearing. So I want to  check whether it can be done or not.

Please, if any one can clarify this  point

Thank  you

AT

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What you are talking about is voicemail only. Voicemail only can work either way. You can have the Exchange 2003 and AD on the same server or on a seperate server and still be considered voicemail only. Having it on the same server with Exchange and AD is supported and should easily support 100 users. Can you expand on what errors you are experiencing?

Thanks!

Tray

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

adham_tahoun
Level 1
Level 1

Any Help Guys?

What you are talking about is voicemail only. Voicemail only can work either way. You can have the Exchange 2003 and AD on the same server or on a seperate server and still be considered voicemail only. Having it on the same server with Exchange and AD is supported and should easily support 100 users. Can you expand on what errors you are experiencing?

Thanks!

Tray

Many thanks to you Tray.

I had finished the installation earlier but it didn't work, Event Viewer showed many errors.

I started from the scratch, almost after each step I was checking the Event Viewer, which - before installing the Unity - showed some errors, and it found to be related to DNS and Group Policy.... after solving those problems, Unity worked well.

Thank God, everything is working now... All, AD, Exchange 2003 and Unity 4.2(1) is working on one server....

Again, thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: