cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.X to 5.X Upgrade - Getting PAKs from PUT

wrhale
Level 1
Level 1

When using the Product Upgrade Tool to obtain license PAKs to upgrade to Unity 5.X, do I need to enter all the individual licenses for all the separate features and user licenses that are currently on the system? After years of service, a lot of license PAKs have been added to the system for license, additional users, etc.

16 Replies 16

As for anything lost, nope, there is nothing lost in the upgrade. You can use the Windows 2000 for Unity 5.x, but I would recommmend reloading to 2003. And if that is the case, Im not sure if rolling upgrade is the best option then. I dont think you can change OS during the rolling upgrade

Thanks for the info! That will definitely make my customer happy. Also, fyi, I am doing this upgrade in phases by first replacing the hardware. The customer actually is on the old Dell platform that is no longer supported. I have upgraded the OS on the new servers to Win2k3 and reloaded Unity. We are now ready to move forward with the 4 to 5 upgrade. Thanks again for the assistance!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: