cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0 pooling licenses

fdouble08
Level 1
Level 1

For as long as I've had to support it, our Unity 5.0 server was running in a standalone fashion.  The other day I rebooted it because of a license file corruption that I was trying to resolve.  The next morning I see it has found 2 other Unity servers in our Corporate IntraNet and has decided to pool its licenses with them.  Can anyone explain how to configure it to NOT pool its licenses with the other Unity servers?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Unity is told to participate in the License Pool in your actual license file that you installed.  You'll need to go back to the Licensing team and ask that the feature tag be removed and the license re-cut.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Is there a way to configure the Unity so that it does not connect with other Unity servers?  What I'd really like is for my Unity server to remain a standalone server instead of communicating with other Unity servers.

Once Unity is installed/added into AD, it's going to hear about all other Unity servers within the domain/forest by default through AD replication.  If you've got the license pooling flag enabled in any Unity servers, they're going to participate in license pooling until the feature is removed from the license file(s) from the Unity servers.

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: