cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5 with Exchange 2007 - adding Exchange 2010

mkempa
Level 1
Level 1

We will be adding and Exchange 2010 server to the existing Exchange environment and then migratomg user mailboxes to the new 2010 server. My question is, does the mere presence of the Exchange 2010 server require me to update Unity with ES patches, or can I wait until I am ready to start migration mailboxes?

I would like to do this in steps:

1. Add Exchange 2010 to the existing Exchange group, without moving mailboxes.

2. Updated Unity to support 2010

3. Migrate a few mailboxes and test

4. After testing move all mailboxes.

5. Change the Partner server to Exchange 2010.

From all the reading I've done, it seems like this should not be a problem, but I am not 100% sure.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I have previous experience doing the exact same procedure you described, in test and in production.  Only when you move a Unity subscriber mailbox to Exchange 2010 do you have to have Unity running the ES for 2010.  I recommend testing just basic email routing between two test mailboxes, one on Exchange 2010 and the other on 2007 before moving forward with Unity.  Applying the ES to Unity is straight forward.  Changing the partner server to Exchange 2010 is the more complex part, in that you have to replace ESM on Unity with exchangemapicdo.  Follow Cisco's document to the letter and also make sure the exchangemapicdo version is the same on Unity as on Exchange.  There are a few forum trains here that will help (relates to issues with MWI).

Sincerely, Ginger

Hi

Follow the lnik below for adding the exchage 2010 to the environment

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/7x/using_exch2010/usingex2010withcu7x5x.html

++You need the ES patch to successfully run the Message Store Configuration Wizard to partner the Unity server to Exchange 2010