Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.0 MWI on Non-subscriber phone

nurmawann
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Expert,

The setup is using Cisco Unity 7.0 Build 7.0(2). Currently, I'm experiencing one of my user, who is the non-UNITY subscriber DN (e.g. DN 8409) has its MWI and envelope icons turned on.

I'm suspecting mis-configuration on the Unity that someone has accidentally included this DN 8409 on a UNITY subscriber MWI extensions.

What/how is the best way to search for this mis-config?

Thank you for reading this question and appreciate your reply.

.wan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Wan,

I put together this query; give it a shot using Data Link Explorer from the Tools Depot under Diagnostic Tools.  Once launched click View>Query Builder and paste it in, or you can just use SQL Query Analyzer from Enterprise Manager.

SELECT parentalias, mwiextension FROM notificationmwi WHERE mwiextension = '8409'

This will display the alias that would have 8409 configured as an MWI extension

Hope that helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

Sounds like whoever ran it most likely ran it on the 'masterdb' from SQL Query Analyzer instead of running it on the UnityDB (Unity's database).  Make sure it's ran on the UnityDB, an easy way to confirm it's done on the UnityDB is to run the query in Data Link Explorer as I initially explained if it wasn't tried already.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Wan,

I put together this query; give it a shot using Data Link Explorer from the Tools Depot under Diagnostic Tools.  Once launched click View>Query Builder and paste it in, or you can just use SQL Query Analyzer from Enterprise Manager.

SELECT parentalias, mwiextension FROM notificationmwi WHERE mwiextension = '8409'

This will display the alias that would have 8409 configured as an MWI extension

Hope that helps,

Brad

Hello Brad,

Very appreciate your response. As I only have Web access to the Unity, I'll bring this steps to the Unity Admin, who has access to the OS level.

Thank you very much.

.wan

Hello Brad,

After running the query, we got the following error:

Server: Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Invalid object name 'notificationmwi'.

Do you have further comment?

Thank you,

.wan

Sounds like whoever ran it most likely ran it on the 'masterdb' from SQL Query Analyzer instead of running it on the UnityDB (Unity's database).  Make sure it's ran on the UnityDB, an easy way to confirm it's done on the UnityDB is to run the query in Data Link Explorer as I initially explained if it wasn't tried already.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: