cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.02 Subscriber import problem

ahopkins
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new install of Unity 7.02 UM with an Exchange 2003 integration. The integration has gone smooth to a point and I can import users directly from Exchange with no problem. My problem is that once the subscriber has been imported into Unity, if I then edit the subscribers extension number and click save, the subscriber account is changed to an Internet Subscriber account with no mail-store within Unity. I have re-run permissions wizard and everything shows clean, I also have confirmed that the Unity installation account and directory services accounts have been granted Exchange Administrator rights. This seems like a permissions issue but the logs are clean. Once I import a subscriber I can edit any other attribute without any issues. It is only when I edit the subscribers extension that the subscriber is changed to an internet subscriber. Any help in pointing me in the right direction for a posible fix would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

ahopkins
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE: I had the customer create two user accounts in AD for me to import. One account once imported into Unity works perfectly fine and I can modify all fields. The second account I can modify all fields with the exception of the extension field. With the affected (problem) account once imported from AD I can modify the users name and see it replicated over into Unity. I can also modify the name on the subscriber account and see it replicate over into AD. But if I modify the users extension in Unity and save, the account is orphaned and converted to an Internet Subscriber Account. I ran permissions wizard and everything is clean. Also since AD and Unity sync when changes are made on either side with the name attributes I feel the correct permissions have been set yet I'm stumped as to why changing the extension on one account, orphans the account from AD and the message store. I feel that there must be a difference in how the customer set up the two test account in AD that is causing this problem. Has anyone run into this type of problem? I need something concrete to take back to the customer before they will look into things more on there end.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: