Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 - Customer is migrating Exchange Partner Server to Exchange 2007

mgear
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I hope somone can assist in my dilemma.

I have a customer that is currently runnning Unity 7 (no failover), with a partner server (exchange) running 2003.

The customer is looking to upgrade their 2003 Exchange partner server to Exchage 2007.

I have reviewed the Unity 5.x documentation, but am only really seeing guidance on a new install (of Unity) and the declarations for OAB for "lgeacy clients".  On Exchange 2007.

This I understand, but I am not sure what the proper prgression would be for Unity to incorporate itself into the new Exchange 2007 environement.  I have installed NEW Unity 7 into 2007, but never when the partner server upgrades and that's it.  Can someone assist?

Thank You,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is the link you probably need:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge050.html

This is part of the Unity 7 upgrade guide, specifically how to change partner exchange server.

As a general approach, I would rather build a new exchange server and then migrate the user profiles over rather than simply upgrade the existing exchange - this method gives some rollback cover both for exchange and unity.

Regards, Ash.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

This is the link you probably need:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge050.html

This is part of the Unity 7 upgrade guide, specifically how to change partner exchange server.

As a general approach, I would rather build a new exchange server and then migrate the user profiles over rather than simply upgrade the existing exchange - this method gives some rollback cover both for exchange and unity.

Regards, Ash.

Thank You Ashley,

This is exactly what I was wlooking for....

Many Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: