cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 (not connection) - way to Change the FROM address for messages?

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I am trying to find out if there is a way to change the "FROM" address for voice messages delivered to users via Unity. Currently the From address is "Unity Messaging System - SERVER NAME". I would like to be able to remove the server name from displaying. I found where the subject line can be customized, but i cannot locate where the FROM address could be changed.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't change it from the Unity side - the message is sent from that account (required to have a sender in Exchange land). You can change the display name for that user (which is created with the server name by default). Just don't delete the account (it'll get recreated on the fly). But you can change the display name to remove the server name from it and the "from" field for messages from outside callers will no longer show the server name.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't change it from the Unity side - the message is sent from that account (required to have a sender in Exchange land). You can change the display name for that user (which is created with the server name by default). Just don't delete the account (it'll get recreated on the fly). But you can change the display name to remove the server name from it and the "from" field for messages from outside callers will no longer show the server name.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: