Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 8.6.2 User Templates

s-mcfarland
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Our Exchange team is in the process of migrating our email over to Exchange 2010.  Since this is being done department by department, I need to have two Unity Messaging Services, one for 2008, one for 2010. 
All of our new employees are being set up on Exchange 2010.  In Unity my user template uses the Exchange 2008 as the template/default Message Service.

My question is:
If I change the user template to use 2010, will that modify existing users, or only new users that are built after the template change?

Thanks for your time!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

templates are only used when creating new users - there is no relationship between a template and users that are created with it so changing it later has no effect on standing users...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

templates are only used when creating new users - there is no relationship between a template and users that are created with it so changing it later has no effect on standing users...

Awesome, that is what I suspected.

Thank you very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: