cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 8.6 Aging Policies - Do not use deleted messages folder?

drotheahit
Level 1
Level 1

This is probably a simple question, but I can't seem to get our aging policies to behave how I'd like. Our "Do Not Age Messages" policy used to have the behavior where if a message was deleted, it was permanently deleted. In other words when initially deleted it was gone for good - the user didn't have to navigate to the deleted messages folder to empty the trash since the deleted message folder didn't even exist.

We actually want two policies, one where messages age, deleted messages go to the deleted messages folder and the user either has to manually clear them out or wait until they are cleared by policy. That's working fine, we just can't get the Do Not Age Messages policy to function as described above and it used to work that way before adding the other message aging policy.

Right now I've tried checking and unchecking the Message Aging Policy Status to enabled with nothing else checked, yet messages still are not deleted right away, regardless. These settings don't seem to be real intuitive - anybody know how to accomplish this?

Thanks...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For the users who should not have a Deleted Items folder you need to enable the Delete messages without saving to the Deleted Items folder setting on their Class of Service. This will cause messages to skip the Deleted Items folder and be expunged immediately and negate the need for an Aging Policy to expunge deleted items.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For the users who should not have a Deleted Items folder you need to enable the Delete messages without saving to the Deleted Items folder setting on their Class of Service. This will cause messages to skip the Deleted Items folder and be expunged immediately and negate the need for an Aging Policy to expunge deleted items.

Ok - thanks. Ugh, I new it had to be easy, I obviously missed it there - expected it to be under aging.