Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity and 3 Auto Attendant

andre.ortega
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Is possible make 3 Auto Attendant menu in one Unity 8?

Sample:

When outside callers dial  number 1111-1111 they should hear a greeting "welcome to A Company , dial 1 for sales, 2 for technical, and 3 for admin.

When outside callers dial  number 2222-2222 they should hear a greeting "welcome to B Company , dial 1 for commercial, 2 for support.

When outside callers dial  number 3333-3333 they should hear a greeting "welcome to C Company , dial 1 for marketing, 2 for humam Resources, 3 for Finnacial and 4 IT.

How can I make this?

Regards.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'd need to configure call routing rules using ANI and send to the call handler you need.

Cisco Unity 8.x Call Routing Settings

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Jason Pennell
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Andre,

What I normally do when Unity is integrated with a Unified Communications Manager is just create a CTI Route Point with an extension that will match the number being called.  Then forward that extension to VM.  In Unity I will create a Call Handler with the same extension and configure the Schedule, Greetings and Caller Input options according to the functionality you want.

To use one of your examples...

When outside callers dial  number 1111-1111 they should hear a greeting "welcome to A Company , dial 1 for sales, 2 for technical, and 3 for admin.

I would configure the following.

CTI Route Point (In CUCM)

Device Name - CompanyA

Description - Company A Auto Attendant

Device Pool - The Device Pool for the site where Unity is located (usually the same one the voicemail ports are in)

Calling Search Space - Whatever Calling Search Space that can call the Unity voicemail ports

Location - The Location where the Unity server is located (usually Hub_None)

Leave the rest of the settings at their defaults.

Then add the line.

Directory Number - 1111 (assuming that is what your provider is sending to you when an outside caller dials 1111-1111 or that is what you have your voice port PLAR'd to if the call is coming in on an analog port).

Partition - Whatever Partition the Gateway your call is coming in on can call (usually something like a Partition called Internal)

Forward All - Check the Box for Voicemail

In Unity

Create a Call Handler that has extension 1111 and configure the Schedule (if desired), Greetings (Standard Greeting saying Welcome to A Company), and Caller Input Options (1 - Sales Extension, 2 - Technical Support Extension, 3 -  Admin Extension), etc.

When someone calls 1111.1111 it'll hit your PBX (CUCM in my example) which will then pass it to Unity and Unity will recognize the extension and execute the Call Handler you created.

Do this for each AA you want to create.  I hope this helps.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'd need to configure call routing rules using ANI and send to the call handler you need.

Cisco Unity 8.x Call Routing Settings

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jason Pennell
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Andre,

What I normally do when Unity is integrated with a Unified Communications Manager is just create a CTI Route Point with an extension that will match the number being called.  Then forward that extension to VM.  In Unity I will create a Call Handler with the same extension and configure the Schedule, Greetings and Caller Input options according to the functionality you want.

To use one of your examples...

I would configure the following.

CTI Route Point (In CUCM)

Device Name - CompanyA

Description - Company A Auto Attendant

Device Pool - The Device Pool for the site where Unity is located (usually the same one the voicemail ports are in)

Calling Search Space - Whatever Calling Search Space that can call the Unity voicemail ports

Location - The Location where the Unity server is located (usually Hub_None)

Then add the line.

Directory Number - 1111 (assuming that is what your provider is sending to you when an outside caller dials 1111-1111 or that is what you have your voice port PLAR'd to if the call is coming in on an analog port).

Partition - Whatever Partition the Gateway your call is coming in on can call (usually something like a Partition called Internal)

Forward All - Check the Box for Voicemail

In Unity

Create a Call Handler that has extension 1111 and configure the Schedule (if desired), Greetings (Standard Greeting saying Welcome to A Company), and Caller Input Options (1 - Sales Extension, 2 - Technical Support Extension, 3 -  Admin Extension), etc.

When someone calls 1111.1111 it'll hit your PBX (CUCM in my example) which will then pass it to Unity and Unity will recognize the extension and execute the Call Handler you created.

Do this for each AA you want to create.  I hope this helps.  Good luck!

Good job man!!!

Thanks for shared !!!!

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

Excellent answer here, very thorough my friend (+5 )

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob!!  I appreciate it.