cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity CNXN UCS Hard Drive Space

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

We are migrating a customer from Unity to Unity connection on a UCS server, I downloaded the OVA template for 10000 users from CCO and built the server since the template allocates 2x146 GB and that too first set of HDD split in to half (Active and Inactive) only approx 70 GB is left , but customer wants more space so I increased that size to 300 GB so they'll get 150 GB when you split in to two partitions and left the other 146GB untoched . Cisco Doc says don't change anything like memory or hard drive space on these servers from OVA template since I changed it will that be an issue ? Will tac support it or no?

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies 2

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

No this change is not supported. You can run with both the disks being 300 GB each.

I have a new OVA for the 10,000 user with two 300 GB drives that will post next week. If you can wait, you can download that from Cisco.com

When you increase the storage yourself, you end up with misaligned disks.Aligned disks that we have on the OVAs work better and faster.

Thanks Anil..we are going live next Wednesday and the server is all ready to go. If I can get the OVA template by EOB today I can rebuild over the weekend otherwise I have to rebuild with 146 GB I guess. Please respond ASAP. I'm glad aleast we got an firm answer now , I opened Cisco TAC case and they said it is fine that is why I moved forward with the install now I have to reinstall everything .. better late than sorry..!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: