cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Coexistence with Meridian Mail and Option 61C

cvain
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any application notes showing a migration strategy for Unity with meridian and Option 61C. Customer wants to Pilot first.

Thanks,

Chris

4 Replies 4

cvain
Level 1
Level 1

Or can anyone confirm that it can be done?

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You shouldn't have any conflicts with Unity and Meridian Mail coexisting. You can use AMIS or VPIM to exchange messages between the two systems. VPIM will require a Meridian Mail Net Gateway. Look in the Unity requirements doc for details...

www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_system_requirements_hardware09186a0080117617.html

Thanks Hans, have you come across any integration notes or do you know of anyone who has successfully done it? I'm just looking to increase the customers comfort level.

Chris

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, unfortunately I have not. I would expect it to be fairly straight forward though. The Nortel PBX should have no problem interfacing with both voicemail systems. You'll just need to ensure users' phones are being forwarded to the correct VM hunt group. Connect Unity to the PBX using this guide,

www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_configuration_guide09186a00801171e4.html

Then as I mentioned, interworking between the Meridian Mail and Unity can be done with VPIM or AMIS. You can read up on those options here,

www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_book09186a008022840b.html