cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Communication Voice mail playback.

D Mo
Level 1
Level 1

Using CUC v 10.5, I have a user that informed be of a change in his settings. He would receive the voice mail from Unity via email. The user states that he used to double click on the .wav file and it would play on his desk phone. 

Currently, when he opens the .wav file, it plays through media player. 

After researching this issue, I have not been able to find a setting to play the vm from the phone.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, as far as I know. The ViewMail plugin is required to give Outlook the ability to send the call to the phone.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the ViewMail plugin. Make sure it is installed and has not been disabled in Outlook (File > Mange COM Add-Ins). I have seen ViewMail get disabled in Outlook a number of times. After it is installed/enabled check the settings (ViewMail tab > Settings > choose account > Edit). This allows you to determine the recording/playback devices.

Brandon

Is ViewMail the only way to give the user the ability to listen to his voice mail via the phone from Outlook? I can not find any evidence that he has this prior. 

Yes, as far as I know. The ViewMail plugin is required to give Outlook the ability to send the call to the phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: