cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 1.2 and Unity Enterprise 4.0.4

e.giron
Level 4
Level 4

My client has two flavors of Unity running Connection 1.2 and Enterprise 4.0.4, they originally purchased Connection but it didn't intergrate with Lotus Notes, so thats when the Unity 4.0.4 came in, now we are approaching end-of-life and we need to upgrade to Unity 7.0/Call Manager 7.0 does anyone have a reference for this I've been looking at how to merge both Unity Databases to the 7.0 and cannot find it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This link should have everything you need to go from UC 1.2 to UC 7.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/upgrade/guide/7xcucrug020.html

But I just realized you want to go from UC 1.2 to Unity 7.0 which is not a supported path. You can only go from Unity to UC and not the other way around. Hopefully I read your question correctly. If you are trying to upgrade to UC 7.0 then the link above is valid. If you are migrating form UC 1.2 to Unity 7.0 then I am afraid there isn't a path for that.

Tray

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This link should have everything you need to go from UC 1.2 to UC 7.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/upgrade/guide/7xcucrug020.html

But I just realized you want to go from UC 1.2 to Unity 7.0 which is not a supported path. You can only go from Unity to UC and not the other way around. Hopefully I read your question correctly. If you are trying to upgrade to UC 7.0 then the link above is valid. If you are migrating form UC 1.2 to Unity 7.0 then I am afraid there isn't a path for that.

Tray

I think this guide helped I saw that I can go from Connection 1.2 to Connection 7.0 using COBRAS, and I would have to upgrade Unity 4.0.4 to 4.0.5 in order to import that data to Connection 7.0

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: