Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 10.5.1 - New LDAP Integration

UC Support
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Long story's short, currently our users in Unity Connection are integrated with through a Cisco Unified Communication Manager end user but we are moving away from that and we will use LDAP moving forward.

The LDAP integration is done and working fine for new user, but i can't seem to be able to find a way to convert the already existing user to LDAP.

The option to Integrate with LDAP Directory is grayed out (same as other multiples options).

Is there a way, without impacting the greetings/messages and anything else (or at least with minimal impact) to change an existing user from CUCM Integrated to LDAP integrated?

Unity Connection 10.5.1.10000-7

Call Manager 10.5.1.10000-7

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

ndehmer
Level 4
Level 4

I don't know if this will work for moving CUCM Directory to LDAP, but it works for Local to LDAP.  You can export the users with mailboxes list.  Edit the export CSV file to just have Alias header.  Then create a new header of LdapCcmUserID, and copy the contents of the Alias column to the LdapCcmUserID column.  And then run the Bulk Administration Tool to update the users.  If you have a lab you may want to give it a try there first.  You may have to do an initial Bulk Administration Tool job to remove the CCMID and then do another job of LdapCcmUserID.

Example

Alias, LdapCcmUserID

user1,user1

user2,user2

user3,user3

userX,userX

Or possibly run this BAT update first

Alias,CCMID

user1,

user2,

user3,

userX,

and then the BAT update above

Local Users to LDAP Users is easily done.

It won't work from CUCM users to LDAP users thought, it seems more complicated than that.

One thing i know is that when you export all the users from Unity, you need to modify the CCMID field for users that have a long string and replace the date for %null%.

I attempted that for a user and i got the following errors in my failed object file after importing the user again:

TransferType column is invalid.|TransferRings column is invalid.|TransferAction column is invalid.|RnaAction column is invalid.|StandardTransferRings column is invalid.|StandardRnaAction column is invalid.|This object contains 36 columns and we are expecting 103 based on the CSV header.

I'll update when i find more.