cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 10.5 call handler audio format

Rsquared719
Level 1
Level 1

I recently hired a professional voice service to handle the greetings for one of my company's remote sites. In the past we recorded all greetings internally through the handset. I advised to the 3rd party that the file format must be .wav. When trying to add the file to a call handler we received the following error:  "Could not load audio recording from file. The file is either not an audio file, an unsupported audio format or corrupted". The default codec is set at G.711 mu-law. Unity version is 10.5.

Thank you in advance

Rob

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have built in conversion of WAV files into PCM 8000 (samples per sec), 16 (bits per sample) and 1 channel (i.e. mono) before uploading - this always works.

You can use SoX or similar to convert easily enough (I have a library to do that as well) - the problem I see with most professional recordings is they're stereo and the samples are way too high (they go for high fidelity which is not what you're shooting for in a recording you play via the phone).

Thank you Lindborg I reached out to the 3rd party and let them know which codec we were using and they re-formatted the files for us. I did notice the quality was lower and the speed was slower when listening on desktop. The average caller would never know the difference though.

I was having a difficult time converting an MP3 to a WAV file that Unity Connection liked. Using the above advice I used http://www.online-convert.com/ and chose the audio converter. I used the "Convert audio to WAV" feature and chose:

• Change bit resolution: 16 Bit
  • Change sampling rate: 8000 Hz
  • Change audio channels: mono

I did not use any advanced options. The file it created was the first one (of about 10!!) that Unity would accept, and sounded great.

Thanks!!

Rob.

Thanks a ton, finally a format that unity accepted!