cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 11.5 - Creating alternate Catch-All Message from the default Opening Greeting

Andy Mikulas
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I am trying to create an alternate catch-all on Unity for when a caller is sent to voicemail and there is no mailbox configured this Alternate "opening greeting" is heard.  I accomplished this by creating a Forwarded Routing rule where Dialed Number is "3???" in this case and sends the call to a custom call handler.  The problem is when there IS a specific mailbox configured for an extension in that range , example 3410 , then the mailbox is not hit because the Forwarding Routing rule is taking precedence.

End goal - Extensions with configured mailboxes within the 3XXX range are answered by the specific mailbox, but calls sent within the range of 3XXX that do not have mailbox configured are caught and sent to a alternate "opening greeting" instead of the default system opening greeting.  (This is because the Default opening greeting has already been customized for a different use).

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gregory,

Thanks for your responses - It pointed me in the correct direction.

I didn't realize the "Attempt Forward" Forwarded Routing rule is the one actually sending it to an extensions voicemail box.  Moving my rule of 3??? after that rule but before the "Open Greeting" resolved my issue.

The solution was in the order of the rules:

1. Attempt Forward -> catches and checks if there was mailbox with the specific extension configured.

2. Catch All (3???) -> if the above is not met, catches and send it to the Custom "Opening Greeting"

3. Opening Greeting -> Catches the other calls not met above.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Why not just in CUCM create a dummy number to forward those extensions to that goes to VM. So IE create a sip route pattern 1111 forward your 3XXX to 1111 on no answer and then set up a redirecting rule to match the called number.

You should be able to do the same thing with a separate VM profile / Mask if you wanted to go that route.

Give that a try and if not working post an RTMT report showing the port monitor when a call first hits unity. (This will show called and re-directing numbers) Along with your redirecting rules.

Hi Gregory , Thanks for your response !

Where I believe there are a couple different ways to accomplish this via customization in CUCM, I was looking to see if there was a way to accomplish this within Unity Connection.   The configuration you stated would be "custom" on every phone/DN within CUCM that did not have a standard mailbox vs one that does.  I am trying to avoid that where possible and maintain the default forward settings.

Thanks!

I don't think you are going to be able to apply the CUCM specific match rule logic to CUC. Basically if I am reading correct the idea of doing a summary is going only to work if you have ranges you can summarize.

Below is from guide.

If the call information matches all of the conditions for the first rule, the call is routed as specified in the rule. If any of the conditions specified in the first rule are not met, the call information is then compared to the conditions of the second rule, and so on, until a rule is found that matches all the characteristics of the call.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/12x/administration/guide/b_12xcucsag/b_12xcucsag_chapter_0111.html#ID-2420-00000341

Gregory,

Thanks for your responses - It pointed me in the correct direction.

I didn't realize the "Attempt Forward" Forwarded Routing rule is the one actually sending it to an extensions voicemail box.  Moving my rule of 3??? after that rule but before the "Open Greeting" resolved my issue.

The solution was in the order of the rules:

1. Attempt Forward -> catches and checks if there was mailbox with the specific extension configured.

2. Catch All (3???) -> if the above is not met, catches and send it to the Custom "Opening Greeting"

3. Opening Greeting -> Catches the other calls not met above.

Thanks!

Awesome to hear you figured it out. Better yet I learned a little in the process as well. I missed that as well about the attempt forward.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: