Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 11.5 disable announcement after taking a messages

pwenger
Level 3
Level 3

Hello

For some voiceboxes I want to disable the announcement that is played("to send the message press #.......") after a message is recorded by a caller.

All I need is to hang up after the message is taken.

Is there someone who knows how to do it?

regards

Peter

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Peter,

On the User or User Template page (for new users only) check the config changes available via "Edit Message Settings"

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/gui_reference/guide/9xcucgrgx/9xcucgrg010.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob!

That was also my thought, but I had no success by unchecking Callers Can Edit Messages and also no luck with the After Message Action: Call Action=Hang Up.

I guess there must be somewhere a default system call handler or directory handler, because the caller has the possibility to enter DTMF codes.

Or might it be a bug?

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

Did you test this on an individual user or at the user template level? You could also set the user conversation to Brief but that might change more than you require.

I'll check for bugs while I wait for your reply.

Cheers!

Rob

Hello Rob,

I made the test on a individual user. I made the test to set the conversation to brief, but no luck. At the moment it looks for me, as there is a second "flow" when the greeting starts, because with the system default greeting the lady already says ".....hang up or wait for more options". Hmm, can you edit the call action Take message or what is happening with this call action?

Cheers

Peter

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Peter,

I'm not sure I'm exactly following along here properly, but I would try the test on a user set up with the personal greeting recorded as a first step.

BTW - i did not find any associated bugs on CUC 11.5

Cheers!

Rob

Hello

I also had this idea to record and activate first the personal greeting, but it is still the same. I think this is a malfunction and I will open a SR at Cisco TAC.

Cheers

Peter

Hey Pwenger,

Did you manage to find it out with TAC? I've the same concern and still no one has a workaround for it.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: