Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection 11.5 Memory Usage constantly above 90% usage

jimihendrix1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Both our Unity Connection Servers 11.5 are above 90% memory usage constantly what could be contributing to this? We are in the middle of an implementation and we only have like 10 users on each server. Why is this the case when we have used all the recommended OVA templates to deploy both servers and all the other servers on the UCS servers are just fine, see attached.

Thank you All!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Deployed CUC not using the Cisco OVA and the error is gone.  I matched the reservations and sizes as defined in the OVA. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

toakley2369
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like we may be experiencing this issue or related.  Not 100% confident in this reply but on our Unity Connection setup we are always 37 to 38 MB over the 6GB setting, so always in alarm.  

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb86111/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2149787

Any other thoughts from out there in the vast Cisco ecosystem?

has anyone found a way around this?  I am getting the same at a customer site, vSphere shows 100% memory utilization no matter where the vRAM is set. 6GB uses 6GB, 10GB uses 10GB.  When I check in RTMT the server is only at 30%.  I'm wondering if not using the OVA will cause this issue to go away.  I understand the Cisco fix is to just ignore it, but try getting the VMWare guys to agree ignoring the error is an acceptable solution....

Deployed CUC not using the Cisco OVA and the error is gone.  I matched the reservations and sizes as defined in the OVA. 

The bug notice shows affected version is 11.5 but no plans to fix it. I've just deployed a CUC 12.5 server and it appears to have the same issue. 100% memory utilisation reported in VMware but RTMT shows virtual memory at aroudnd 50% and no errors. Does anyone know of a document that confirms this is "cosmetic" and/or can be ignored with v12.5?

MohamedSary6038
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

We are facing the same issue with one of our CUC clusters and Cisco referred it's related to Bug and we have to ignore it : CSCvb86111

Bug Search Tool (cisco.com)

Recommended action by  vmware 

Memory usage alarm triggers for certain types of Virtual Machines in ESXi 6.x (2149787) (vmware.com)

Thanks 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: