cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 12.5 Upgrade - Switches Version automatically

Bill
Level 1
Level 1

I've done a few upgrades to CUC 12.5 and noticed that even though I select to not switch versions, the server switches versions anyway.

Is this expected?

Is it documented anywhere?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

In all of the CUC upgrades that I have done it doesn't ask if you want to switch versions. It only asks in CUCM. The CUC will just go through with the upgrade and automatically switch when it is done. UCCX doesn't ask either but you have to manually do it after the upgrade. I believe that only CUCM and IM&P ask if you want to switch after the upgrade.

Please rate if this helps.

This would match the experience we have for upgrades of CUC within the 12.5 track also.

Response Signature

Bill
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for all the feedback.

My experience is that it does ask if you want to switch or not, But no matter what you select, it will switch versions.

I know the documentation says otherwise.

I have had a couple upgrades fail on the Subscriber when going to 12.5(1)SU3. I came across a bug for an earlier release (I think it was for ver 9.0) which referenced that if the Pub is told to switch versions, the Sub upgrade will fail. The error message matched. But I can't seem to find that Bug ID now.

I tried to reproduce it in a lab again, but the Sub upgrade succeeded.

I have attached a screenshot from the Pub. It shows I selected to Not switch versions. But it switched anyway. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: