cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 402 Error

James Boothe
Level 1
Level 1

Recently our client has reported whenever a unity connection Version 8.6.2ES25.21900-25 user leaved a message with another internal user they receive a voice mail error code #402. The voice mail does go through and is received by the other user. However every message is returned with that 402 error to the user who is leaving the message.

I believe this error is related to SMTP connection issues. To my knowlege there has been no changes to the SMTP configuration. There is a smarthost configured and some users are configured with SMTP notification devices.

I have restarted the SMTP service in Unity connection with no change.

Any Ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the quick response.  I getting the traces setup I noticed on the SMTP > Server Configuration page, that the "Allow Connections from Untrusted IP Addresses" tick box was not checked.  I checked it because there were no IP addresses listed in the access-list (found by going up to "edit" in the menu bar and clicking on "Search IP Address Access List").  This has fixed our issue.  We have tested on many extension to extension voicemails and are no longer getting the 402 error.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello James,

You may want to check the following configurations:

Under Cisco Unity Connection Administration>  System settings> SMTP configuration> Server

Limit Number of Simultaneous Outgoing Connections

Enter the maximum number of outgoing connections that the Cisco Unity  Connection SMTP server can have open with other SMTP servers at one  time.

Default setting: 2 connections.

--> Change it to 10 connections and test out again.

Limit Size of Message

Enter the maximum size of message that clients can send to Cisco Unity Connection by using SMTP.

Default setting: 10,000 kilobytes (approximately 10 megabytes).

--> If this setting was set to a lower value you might want to consider putting it back to default.

-David Rojas Peck

The above suggestion did not work for us - we changed the outgoing connections to 10 made sure that the 10 MB setting was still defaulted, restarted SMTP services in UC.  Still get 402 error o on phone that is leaving VM.  Has there been any other progress on this issue?

Hello Lance,

In that case my recommendation would be setting up the SMTP traces on Connection and check if there is any further information.

Thanks for the quick response.  I getting the traces setup I noticed on the SMTP > Server Configuration page, that the "Allow Connections from Untrusted IP Addresses" tick box was not checked.  I checked it because there were no IP addresses listed in the access-list (found by going up to "edit" in the menu bar and clicking on "Search IP Address Access List").  This has fixed our issue.  We have tested on many extension to extension voicemails and are no longer getting the 402 error.