Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.1.5 move users from cucm integration to ldap

sebastianwagner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to move about 125 existing users from cucm integration to ldap as described in mac guide for CUC:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmac105.html#wp1017196

in general it works as described but:
my testuser was successfully bound to ldap but the cucm integration also remains.

therefore the user appears at Tools > Synch Users, and it's extension is not editable (but from bulk adminstration...)

Am I missing something here?

Best regards

Sebastian

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, just as with CUCM when LDAP integrated the user DN is determined in the AD profile and not in CUCM or CUC.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'm sorry that's not true.

Extensions for LDAP-integrated voicemail-users can be altered at any time (as thes users change their extensions some day)

Extensions for CUCM-integrated voicemail-users are greyed out and bound to their primary extension on CUCM

Seen on Unity Connection 2.x,7.x,8.x for thousands of user...

Sebastian

oh you're right, I was thinking of the AXL because he mentions the Synch users on his post but then thought about the the LDAP question.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

I think I have to form a clear question:

A collegue has accidently imported about 125 users via CUCM to our Unity Connection (4k users total)

Unfortunately the users began using their voicemail so deleting and reimporting via LDAP is not an option.

I followed the mac-guide for unity connection 7.1 to export and reimport a testuser with ldap flag enabled.

The testuser seems now to be connected to both LDAP and CUCM but shows up like any other user:

"This user ist integrated with a Cisco Unified Communications Manager end user. Some fields my be disabled.

Active User Imported from LDAP Directory"

But the extension of this user is not editable as all other "LDAP-only" imported users...

Is there a way to release binding to CUCM?

Regards

Sebastian

I am having the same issue, were you able to figure out how to edit the extension after you moved the user to LDAP sync.

Thanks

Rob.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: