Views
Helpful
Replies

unity connection 7.1.5b installation failing

tony.sangha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am trying to install a brand new unity box, first in the cluster, but I am getting the following error each time:

The installation has encountered a unrecoverable internal error. For further assistance report the following information to your support provider.

Execution of script "/usr/local/bin/base_scripts/sd_ifconfig -eth0 -ethtool "autoneg on" >/common/log/install/capture.txt 2>&1" failed with return-code 256

The system will now halt.

Has anyone seen this error before?

Be great to get some advice.

Cheers

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tony,

All of the SR's that come back with this type of error were either due to a bad motherboard and/or NIC on the motherboard, also if the BIOS didn't recognize the NIC or that it had a MAC address.  This is something specifically related to the hardware/BIOS settings most likely.  You mentiond it's going to be a cluster, have you tried installing the software on the other piece of hardware?  That may be worth a shot. 

Hope that helps,

Brad

Hi,

I have the same error while trying to install a CUCM 8.6.1.10000-43 on a Cisco UCS server.

Is there any way to continue the installation on this server?

What I will try to install the CUCM on the Subscriber hardware.

BR

Michael

Hi

Is this resolved. I am facing the same issue when i try to install unity connection SUB.

Hi,

yes this is resolved. It was due to a wrong network adapter in the OVA template.

As we planned after installing CUUC v. 8.6 to upgrade to 10.x we already used the OVA template for CUUC 10.x but there is another network card adapter as in the OVA template for 8.x.

I removed the network adapter and used the network adapter from OVA template 8.x.

BR

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: