cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.1 Voicemail PIN reset issue?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

We are getting a complaint from one of our branch offices on a separate cluster that when its time for end users to change their voicemail pin they are being prompted repeatedly almost as if the end users are not able to change their own password.  I think this may be an issue with the complexity requirements of the password, but I wanted to check to see if anyone else has had this complaint?  I looked through the release bug notes and was unable to find any notation of this issue.

The issue being reported is:

1. User tries to access vm

2. vm PIN needs to be changed

3. user tries to change to valid PIN

4. system says "invalid PIN"

5. this happens twice regardless of PIN input 6. user is locked out 7. we've tested this (including me) and can reproduce 8. IT ends up changing the PIN in Cisco Admin and all works fine

It's almost like the user is unable to change their own PIN.

If this looks familiar to anyone please let me know.

Thank you!

Rgds,

Vicky

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vicky,

Just to clarify, this is through the TUI?

Some of our users had a real problem with the "Trivial" password check when we

first fired up CUC. You definitely need to talk with anyone who had the issue to find out

what is was they were trying to enter. The other thing that really tripped people up was

the "repeat Credentials" check. I had many people tell me they wanted to reset their PIN to

the same number/sequence they had used previously

I have checked for Bugs related to this issue and haven't found any that meet your description

exactly.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vicky,

I know this sounds crazy but have you checked under the User>Password settings

to make sure that "user cannot change" is not checked?

Cheers!

Rob

Hey there,

I just checked all of our end user templates and a few random voicmail accounts, that box is not checked.

I am thinking this may be the complexity requirement that is tripping them up, and I am wondering if there is a way for me to loosen up the requirements or is it all or nothing with the check box for those requirements.

What do you think?

Thanks again Rob!

Rgds,

Vicky

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vicky,

Just to clarify, this is through the TUI?

Some of our users had a real problem with the "Trivial" password check when we

first fired up CUC. You definitely need to talk with anyone who had the issue to find out

what is was they were trying to enter. The other thing that really tripped people up was

the "repeat Credentials" check. I had many people tell me they wanted to reset their PIN to

the same number/sequence they had used previously

I have checked for Bugs related to this issue and haven't found any that meet your description

exactly.

Cheers!

Rob

We just ran through an exercise of entering the new pin wrong about ten times and we never got locked out.  Thank you for verifying that there is no bug related to this.  I searched through the release notes and came up empty too.

I have to circle back and go through this with the manager for the office to sort this out but so far I am pretty sure this is end user related.

Thank you again for all your help here!!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Vicky,

You are most welcome my friend!

Support Rule #1 - It's always the Users fault

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: