cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7 - After FullMailbox Check action

ronfiander
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client who is running Unity Connection 7.x and they wanted to enable the Full Mailbox Check so that if an external caller got the Subscribers voicemail they would not be able to leave a message.  I enabled that, and it works great.

What I am noticing now is that after the message plays telling the client they cannot leave a message it forwards them to the Opening Greeting.

It was recommended to me to look for the Subscriber's Error Greeting and then under that look for After Greeting and change that behavior to whatever I wanted, but my client has tried this, with no such luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The error greeting is only used when there's a problem parsing user input during the greeting of a subscriber or call handler (i.e. an invalid menu choice or an extension number not found) - doesn't come into play here.

Right off hand it _should_ take the after message path for a user in that case but I suspect it's processing the next routing rule - so in the case of a caller reaching the user's greeting by the "attempt forward to greeting" routing rule (typical case) it will continue processing rules after that which defaults to the opening greeting.

you can test that by adding a new routing rule after "attempt forward to greeting" to go to a test call handler for instance and see if that's where you end up...

In 7.x it's possible the opening greeting reference is hard coded - most of those references were run down and replaced by the time 8.0 went out the door but depending on which 7.x you're running it could still be referencing it directly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The error greeting is only used when there's a problem parsing user input during the greeting of a subscriber or call handler (i.e. an invalid menu choice or an extension number not found) - doesn't come into play here.

Right off hand it _should_ take the after message path for a user in that case but I suspect it's processing the next routing rule - so in the case of a caller reaching the user's greeting by the "attempt forward to greeting" routing rule (typical case) it will continue processing rules after that which defaults to the opening greeting.

you can test that by adding a new routing rule after "attempt forward to greeting" to go to a test call handler for instance and see if that's where you end up...

In 7.x it's possible the opening greeting reference is hard coded - most of those references were run down and replaced by the time 8.0 went out the door but depending on which 7.x you're running it could still be referencing it directly.

My client didn't like the behavior of the forwarded routing rule for Opening Greeting (as there is never a need for a call of theirs to hit this CH), so he has decided to change that behavior to something different, such as Goodbye CH or a new one where they record their own custom goodbye prompt.

This absolutely was the behavior being observed, after it played the message for Full Mailbox Check it was hitting the forward routing rule for Opening Greeting and then forward to the Opening Greeting CH.

Problem is resolved! Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: