cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.0 & 8.5

Jeffrey Ness
Level 1
Level 1

Has anybody else had problems with the media from Product Upgrade Tool for Unity Connection?  I have gone through an 8.0 disc that failed the media check and then had to request the 8.5 media (as that is where we wanted to upgrade to anyways) and now that disc fails the media check as well.  I'm wondering if anybody else has run into issues with the media for Unity Connection 8.x like this if it is a media production issue or just an installer issue?

12 Replies 12

briward
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jeffrey:

Hasn't been an issue I've seen a lot of, but does occur occasionally.  I'm happy to get you another spot you can download from Cisco if you supply me your CCO alias.  Only caveat, is that you'll need to burn the DVD yourself after you download.

Let me know if that will help?

Heath

briward(at)cisco(dot)com

Having an issue here too.  8.5 Media fails the check.  CCO: adamcrabb

Thank you

Adam - just pinged you privately on email -

Heath

I just ordered this upgrade. I am under a tight schedule and was hoping you could send me the link as well please.

cco id: david.chadwick

James Vaughan
Level 4
Level 4

We've had four sets of discs now fail the media check. We've performed the check on physical and virtual machines on C210 and B200 all with the same results.It's not just disc from PUT as we've had new install discs and Contact Center Express discs do the same.

On ours even the labels seem defective as the place where it normally says installation (on the right side ofthe disc) has a wierd letter character combination.

We've escalated to our CAM as it has affected multiple client installs for us. I'll let you know if I get any updated info.

I failed on the check and installed it anyhow. No problems found with install.

I am having the same issue with Unity Connection 8.5 ... we tried to install 8.5 on an MCS 7835 server and received the Bad Media error.  We have two disk and both came back with the same error ... has anyone discovered the reson behind this.  I was talking to a coworker and he mentioned that he just skipped the media check and the install went fine and the server is not up and running with no issues.

Has anyone else just skipped the media check and installed Unity Connection?

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same issue with a Unity Connection 8.5 DVD and I'm ot keen on performing the install with suspect media - any chance I could have a link to the download as well please?  CCO: dbooth@oxspring.com thanks.

After a mere 5 months Cisco actually acknowledged the bad media as an issue as noted in Bug ID CSCtq38640 which states:

"Workaround:

The DVD content is correct. Users can skip the media check and proceed with

the install/upgrade."

I know this to be true from reviewing the md5sum on the alternate vty from both downloaded media and shipped media. Just sad it takes Cisco so long to acknowledge an issue.

Just to expand on jeffness82's comment. They also issued a field notice, FN - 63421, that references the bug and to order new media via the product upgrade tool if you want/need media that does pass to ensure there is no actual failure besides just the checksum issue.

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for posting that info jeffness82, much appreciated!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: