Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.0 transfer calls to voicemail goes to sign in

voicewiztim
Level 1
Level 1

Setting up the regular CTI RP --> #XXXX --> Voicemail Profile mask XXXX

The calls gets to Connection and the user calling from an IP Phone to IP Phone is prompted to sign in. Without creating a call routing rule for each user how can this be disabled? This was never the default feature in Connection 7 and below.

Port mon shows reason - FwdUnconditional --> Sign In

19 Replies 19

That tool only works with Cisco Unity Connection. If you are using Microsoft Exchange UM, then you should be able to find similar information in the log files. sorry, I can't help you since I don't know Exchange UM.

Liz Bentler
Level 1
Level 1

For 2 and a half days we have been troubleshooting and escalating this exact problem with TAC and i just found this, removed the name and we are golden.  Thank you so much!!  And cisco, COME ON!!

bmarkel123
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into a similar issue but the trouble was an overlap in the dial-plan.

UCM 8.6(2a)

Unity Connection 8.6(2a)

CTI Route Point extension 8021 CFA to VM

Call Handler extension 8021

11:29:21, New Call, CalledId=8021,  RedirectingId=,  Origin=16,  Reason=1,   CallGuid=14552B0CA2F74E91A3E8C6948D55A04B,  CallerName=,  LastRedirectingId=,   LastRedirectingReason=1024,   PortDisplayName=PhoneSystem-1-001,[Origin=Unknown],[Reason=Direct]

11:29:21,  AttemptSignIn

Calls to the CTI Route Point extension are passed to Unity Connection properly.  My call was being sent to Sign-In because there is a VM Port using 8021.  After troubleshooting this I discovered UCM is partition aware; setting my callling search spaces properly I can route the call to the CTI RP instead of a VM port.  Unity Connection is not partition aware.  So with two objects sharing the same DN (8021 in this case) Connection choose to select the VM port instead of the Call Handler.

Creating a Direct routing rule for 8021 to send callers to the Call Handler's greeting was an effective work-around but one had to be created for each Call Handler sharing a DN with a VM port.  Moving things around (either the Call Handler DN's or VM port DN's) fixed my trouble.

ghinson
Level 1
Level 1

Just hit the same "bug" in version 9.1.2 of CUCM. Was glad to have found this post - I can't believe we are still running into this issue in the 9.x code set.

Hello!

What is the bug ID #?  I think we may have hit this bug, but need to confirm.  This is only occurring with 1 CTI route point at the moment.

Any insight or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

-Diana

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: