Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5(1) Maximum number of telephony ports in system is exceeded

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Unity Connection 8.5(1)SU1

I have a single integration to CallManager with a two-server Unity Connection Cluster. I'm licensed for 300 Voicemail Ports (LicVoicePortsMax) My plan was 150 ports on CU Publisher and 150 ports on CU Subscirber using SIP trunk. I had no problems with the CU Publisher..

I setup in CUAdmin > Telephony Integrations > Port Groups with 150 in PortGroup1 with CU Publisher.

The second PortGrup2 with CU Subscriber only creates 100 ports with "Unable to Create Ports"  "Maximum number of telephony ports in system is exceeded" even though under Licensing I see 150 free Voicemail Ports before I started.  In some cases if I delete the ports and start over again the number of ports it creates seems to vary.

Bug?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

Although this Bug does look somewhat similar to your issue, I'm guessing that you may be missing

the ports on your second License (that is tied to the Subscriber MAC). Can you post up your two licenses

CSCth44064            Bug Details

Fail create 301+ SIP or PIMG ports in cluster: Object Not Found
Symptom:
From Cisco Unity Connection Administration (CUCA) you are unable to create more than 301 SIP or PIMG ports in a cluster. Creating the 302nd port results in CUCA displaying error "Object Not Found". In Connection 8.x, a maximum of 250 ports are supported per server in the cluster, so you should be able to create a total of 500 ports in the cluster. This problem does not affect SCCP ports.
Conditions:
Problem is in Connection 8.x only, not earlier releases. Problem pertains only to Connection cluster, not standalone Connection servers.
Workaround:
There is no workaround.

StatusStatus
Fixed             

Severity Severity
3 - moderate

Last Modified Last Modified
In Last Year        

Product Product
Cisco Unity Connection         

Technology Technology

1st Found-In 1st Found-in
8.0(2.4)       

Fixed-In Fixed-in
8.0(2.13)
8.5(0.99)
8.0(2)ES14
8.0(2.41900.2)
8.0(2.98000.147)
8.0(2.41008.1)
8.5(0.98000.3)
8.5(0.98000.4)
8.0(3.10000.8)
8.5(1.10000.26)

Cheers!

Rob

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Answer: I forgot under Licensing there is a Drop Down box to pick the Unity Connection Subscriber server.  Port are l

icensed per server.  Once I added the HA license to the Unity Connection Subscriber and

hit the drop down box for the subscriber I could see the voicemail ports on the Subscriber.

Installed high availability license on Subscriber. Web Inbox was getting
stuck on loading, unchecked the option subscriber has to change the password
at next login.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: