Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 and Auto-attendant calls off-net

Hello everyone--i've got a client running CUCM 8 and UCxn 8.5.  The auto-attendant works ok except for a couple options within it that are supposed to send calls to external an external number.  When i try to use that option, it puts the call on hold, goes silent and then about 30 seconds later, comes back on and says no one answered the line.  It's set to release to switch, so i thought it would just send it on it's way and be done...any help would be appreciated...not sure what i'm missing.

4 Replies 4

Scott Hills
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I'm guessing you might have set this up inside Caller Input. I guess you selected Call Action
and choose 'Transfer to Alternate Contact Number'. Then I'm guessing you put in a number for it to dial to include
a 9 or other access digits as required by Callmanager.

Then you would need to add the pattern into the restriction table if it's not already present:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag110.html

After this you would need to make sure that Callmanager Voicemail ports are assigned a Calling Search Space
that might be able to reach a gateway that can make the call.

I believe this should cover it.

Thanks,

Scott

AH! Forgot about the restriction tables...should've figured it was something simple...i'm waiting on an internet outage to be resolved at the client site so I can VPN in and adjust. As soon as I confirm, I'll let you know if that fixed it (and of course rate the post...)

Scott Jones

Can you tell me what is the exact version you're running?

I ask because I recently upgraded from 8.0.3 to  8.5.1ES16.11900-16 and now there is no "Caller Action" option under the Caller Input parameters.

Before the upgrade I had the usual parameters - Call Action, Call Handler, Directory Handler etc. Now I have everything as before but without Call Action.

When running 8.0.3 I had configured a Call Action to forward calls to an alternate extension. This still works, in fact I can see the status of the Caller Input as "transfer to alternate extension", but there's no visibilty of the Call Action configuration.

We've got this problem

We have two Unity Connection clusters, both with two servers, both running the same version - 8.5.1ES16.11900-16

Except the one we have in Aberdeen doesn't have the "Call Action" option, and the one in Singapore does...

What's going on?  Is there a setting or a service somewhere that adds or removes the "Call Action" feature?  This is driving us nuts! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: