cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.6 call transfer to non-unity extension

gkeel
Level 1
Level 1

I have converted from Unity to Unity Connection and am looking for a solution for transferring an incoming call to a non-unity user extension.

Here is the scenario:  An PSTN caller calls in and is directed to a Unity Connection Call Handler or a Subscriber greeting.  In the greeting they are advised that if they know the extension they want to call, they can dial it at any time.  Here is the rub, if they dial an extension for a user listed in Unity Connection, the call gets transferred to the extension.  However, if the extension dialed is to an extension that is not a Unity Connection User, the attendant comes back and say the extension is not understood.

In Unity before conversion, I would make an internet user that did not have a mailbox but was listed with an extension.  However, with Unity Connection, I am using LDAP integration with Microsoft AD and I don't see a method of doing the same thing.

Is anyone else doing something like this or know of a method to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Gene Keel                 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jacob Berger
Level 2
Level 2

In the greeting check this box:

Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers

also make sure the number entered by the call is allowed in Default System Transfer restriction table.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jacob Berger
Level 2
Level 2

In the greeting check this box:

Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers

also make sure the number entered by the call is allowed in Default System Transfer restriction table.