cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.6 Locale

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

One of my ustomer has Connection 8.6.2 installed, they want to install Spanish locale now.  First of all I need to know what Spanish locale package/version I need for US users, is it Spanish-Colombia or Spanish-European? According to  Cisco release notes for connection 8.x there is a Spanish-Spain package is this the one I have to install ?.  I also want to know can I install 8.6.1 ES2 locale package (this is the only 8.6 version  in Download Page) on Unity Connection 8.6.2 server. Thanks for your help.

10 Replies 10

JeremyL
Level 1
Level 1

No, you need the 8.6.2 locale files which are not available yet (Cisco TAC states 60 days out).  The latest release notes for 8.6(2) / (2a) state the locales are being developed.

Thanks for your quick response. Hope Cisco will release that soon.

I heard about the same thing on the locales.  It seems Cisco should have released these as part of the 8.6 release.  How can a company that is global not release language support packs with their software?  This is not a minor language we are talking about here.

Unity Connection locales are not trivila. They involve hundereds of prompts and we have localize more than 20 languages.

Due to this, we release locales 6-8 weeks after FCS to allow up to update the locales for the latest release.

There have been some defects found in the 8.6(2) release post FCS which has pushed the locales out. We are currently planning to release the 8.6(2) locales by the end of Jan 2012.

Thanks Anil. Is there anyway we can subscribe or get an email update when this Locale is available.?

Once the locales are posted, I will put up a post on this forum.

That would be really helpful, I appreciate that..Thank you.

Are we till on target for end of January 2012 for the UC 8.6.2 locales?

Yes still on target

The 8.6(2) Locales are now available on Cisco.com. You will need to be on ES12 to install and use the locales.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: