Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8 call handler question

Hey everyone--this is kind of an odd question to me but i'm hoping someone else has come across this--I've got a client that I recently installed a Unity Connection 8 VM server as part of a new IPT system.  One of the functions of the auto-attendant is to host a 'job hotline' where they list jobs currently open at the organization.  They've got it broken down into 4 or 5 categories, but in order to list all the jobs (without details...) they need more than the minute and a half of record time that's there.  Is there a setting somewhere to increase the amount of record time? 

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

This can be changed

The Greeting Length for a Call Handler is determined by the COS of the person recording the Greeting. Have a look;

Class of Service Greetings Settings

The class of service greetings setting specifies the maximum length of greetings.

Subscribers > Class of Service > Greetings Page

Field Considerations

Maximum Greeting Length in Seconds

Select the recording length allowed to subscribers assigned to this COS for recording greetings.

The range is 1 to 999 seconds; the default is 90 seconds.

Cheers!

Rob

Great stuff--I found the setting in the CoS for one of the users. One thing I noticed and I can't find in the UCxn docs is does that setting apply only when doing the greetings over the phone or should it show up in the GUI as well? Not sure if a service needs reset or something for it to take effect?

Scott Jones

Hi Scott,

Nothing should need to be reset or restarted

We do our Greetings over the phone, but this new

Greeting length should work via the GUI as well. Did you

try a Greeting over 90 seconds?

Cheers!

Rob