Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.x, moving from Unified Messaging to Gmail

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

A client is in the process of moving there email from Exchange to Gmail.  I know Unity Connection Single Inbox wont work for Gmail which is fine, and they wont be using ESNA.  My question is on the move itself.  Right now the SMTP smarthost is set to the Exchange server.  We we cutover we will be changing that to the SPAM firewall.  When we make that change we will still need to change each User's Voicemail Message Action from "Accept the Message" to "Accept and Relay the Message", correct?  Will I need to fill in the relay address if there corporate email is not changing? 

Thanks

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

If you would like to relay the message through message actions you will need to enter an email address in the "Relay Address" field.

Failure to do so will result in the following error:

If the email addresses are already known (corporate address), this update would be extremely easy through a Bulk Administration Job (export all of the users to .csv, update the relay action and relay address and then re-upload).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

If you would like to relay the message through message actions you will need to enter an email address in the "Relay Address" field.

Failure to do so will result in the following error:

If the email addresses are already known (corporate address), this update would be extremely easy through a Bulk Administration Job (export all of the users to .csv, update the relay action and relay address and then re-upload).