cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.x Services

jhitt-limited
Level 4
Level 4

I have installed Unity Connection 8.0(3a) and it is working fine in a cluster in test mode.  But I noticed that the services on the pub and sub have some items listed as inactive.  From reading up on these, it sounds like they should be active, but I don't know why they came up (or didn't come up) the way they did.  I can't find any documentation that list the defaults for these services.  Can someone comment if I should make some changes before I put production users on these boxes?

Inactive services on Publisher:

Connection Database Proxy (I'll be turning this on for when I run COBRAS)

Connection Jetty

Connection Digital Networking Repl Agent

Inactive service on Subscriber:

Connection Message Transfer Agent

Connection Notifier

Connection Database Proxy

Connection Groupware Caching Service

Connection Jetty

Thanks!

Jill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Connection Database Proxy - you already know what this is for

Connection Jetty - Not required, this is an optional service that enables Java web clients.

Connection Digital Networking Repl Agent - Not required, this is an optional service that is only used when you enable Digital Networking replication between 2 clusters.

Connection Message Transfer Agent - this is a critical service that is enabled on the Publisher but inactive on the Subscriber by design.  If failover occurs, this service will start on the Subscriber.

Connection Notifier - same as above except this service is responsible for notifications (i.e., MWI) - should be enabled on the Publisher but inactive on the Subscriber by design.

Connection Database Proxy - you already know what this is.

Connection Groupware Caching Service - not required, this is an optional service that allows CUC to cache calendar data (from Exchange, MeetingPlace, or MeetingPlace Express servers) and to cache Exchange contacts.

Connection Jetty - optional, see explanation for Publisher.

So, unless there is an optional service that you wish to take advantage of it's features - leave things as they are.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Connection Database Proxy - you already know what this is for

Connection Jetty - Not required, this is an optional service that enables Java web clients.

Connection Digital Networking Repl Agent - Not required, this is an optional service that is only used when you enable Digital Networking replication between 2 clusters.

Connection Message Transfer Agent - this is a critical service that is enabled on the Publisher but inactive on the Subscriber by design.  If failover occurs, this service will start on the Subscriber.

Connection Notifier - same as above except this service is responsible for notifications (i.e., MWI) - should be enabled on the Publisher but inactive on the Subscriber by design.

Connection Database Proxy - you already know what this is.

Connection Groupware Caching Service - not required, this is an optional service that allows CUC to cache calendar data (from Exchange, MeetingPlace, or MeetingPlace Express servers) and to cache Exchange contacts.

Connection Jetty - optional, see explanation for Publisher.

So, unless there is an optional service that you wish to take advantage of it's features - leave things as they are.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Excellent!  Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: