Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 9.0 - greetings does not say TTS of Display names

cdemont
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm installing a customer with CUCM8.6.2 and CUC9.0, to get +E164 support in primary extensions.

I have done the integration b/w two using SIP (secured SIP), and LDAP directory integration of my users.

Everything is working fine execpt that when a user reaches a voicemail with no customized recorded names, then the greeting message is just composed of "Sorry,, is not available ...", I have no TTS of the Display Name nor the extension of the user.

If a user records a custom "recorded name" then we can hear the greeting message with the recorded name without any problem.

I've 3 languages installed (english default, french, german), whatever the language of the user is, the result is the same, so it's not a problem of UC-locale.

For information, I'm currently using a demo licence of CUC 9, waiting for my UCSS to be registred to get my upgrade from my initialy purchased CUC8.6 licence.

I've done a lot of setup with previous versions of CUC and even in demo mode, I did not have any problem with that.

Is there a change in CUC 9 that would require a special licence of special setting to have the system prompts to get TTS of display names ??

Where should I look at to troubleshoot this ?

Please thanks for your help,

Regards,

Christophe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cdemont
Level 1
Level 1

Got the answer !
In Unity Connection 9 , you have to get speech port license enabled and some speech ports declared to get TTS of display names even if you don't use any other TTS features !!!
That's new in CUC9
Good to know ! Because it is not documented at all ...

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You may just double check the Advanced>Conversations> and make sure that it's still enabled.  Regardless, if it's disabled you should at least hear the extension played back which it sounds like you're not.  I would open a TAC SR or you could set the Conversation macro traces and pull them and compare your working vs. nonworking setup. 

Hope that helps,

Brad

cdemont
Level 1
Level 1

Got the answer !
In Unity Connection 9 , you have to get speech port license enabled and some speech ports declared to get TTS of display names even if you don't use any other TTS features !!!
That's new in CUC9
Good to know ! Because it is not documented at all ...

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for sharing the results of your query here so that others

may benefit +5 for this kind gesture!

Cheers!

Rob

"Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free" - Tom Petty

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: