Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 9.0

binu.john
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We had done migration for Unity 5.0 to Unity Connection 9.0 using Cobra and it was succesfully imported the subscribers and Call Handlers.

Does anyone knows how we could export the license file from Unity to UnityCN? Cisco document says with cobra can export the licence also, but while exporting i couldnt find an option to export it? Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sara Sheridan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

There is no option to export the licenses with COBRAS because it should be done automatically. You need to be running COBRAS Export version 7.0.121 or later on the Unity server and the current license info will be included in the export data. When you run the COBRAS Import, the license data from  the backup will be inserted into the table "tbl_CUCLegacyLicenseInfo". You can verify this by running this following command from the Unity Connection CLI: run cuc dbquery unitydirdb select * from tbl_CUCLegacyLicenseInfo

Once this table is populated, you can request and install a migration license through the ELM admin interface that the server is registered to...

Go to License Management -> License Planning, and select "Upgrade Licenses"
Set product type to "Unity Connection" and select next
Select the server in question under "Available Product Instances" and  click the arrow to move it to "Product Instances to Upgrade", click  Next.
Verify license counts, select Next
Optionally view/save the summary report
Click "Finish & Generate Request"
Follow the on screen instructions to copy/save the text output and  paste it into the Licence Migration Portal  (http://www.cisco.com/go/license/migration)
Once you complete that  tool, you will be emailed a license file. To apply it, in ELM select  License Management -> Licenses, then the "Install License File"  button, and upload the file you received

If the table is not getting populated after the Import, I would suggest gathering the COBRAS Import and Export logs, then opening a TAC case so we can investigate why.

I hope this helps,

--

Sara Sheridan     

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Sara Sheridan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

There is no option to export the licenses with COBRAS because it should be done automatically. You need to be running COBRAS Export version 7.0.121 or later on the Unity server and the current license info will be included in the export data. When you run the COBRAS Import, the license data from  the backup will be inserted into the table "tbl_CUCLegacyLicenseInfo". You can verify this by running this following command from the Unity Connection CLI: run cuc dbquery unitydirdb select * from tbl_CUCLegacyLicenseInfo

Once this table is populated, you can request and install a migration license through the ELM admin interface that the server is registered to...

Go to License Management -> License Planning, and select "Upgrade Licenses"
Set product type to "Unity Connection" and select next
Select the server in question under "Available Product Instances" and  click the arrow to move it to "Product Instances to Upgrade", click  Next.
Verify license counts, select Next
Optionally view/save the summary report
Click "Finish & Generate Request"
Follow the on screen instructions to copy/save the text output and  paste it into the Licence Migration Portal  (http://www.cisco.com/go/license/migration)
Once you complete that  tool, you will be emailed a license file. To apply it, in ELM select  License Management -> Licenses, then the "Install License File"  button, and upload the file you received

If the table is not getting populated after the Import, I would suggest gathering the COBRAS Import and Export logs, then opening a TAC case so we can investigate why.

I hope this helps,

--

Sara Sheridan     

Hi Sara,

Really nice answer here Good stuff! +5

Cheers!

Rob

"Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free" - Tom Petty

Thanks Sarah. +5 from me too.

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.  I've done the COBRAS export / import and the license migration request.  Now I've got the file and I'm trying to generate the license.  However, when on the license migration website I've only of options for the following under the voice section and none of them seems to work for Unity Connection.  Which one do you use to get the migration done?  I'm obviously missing something...?

For Unity Connection, choose the "Cisco Unified Communications 9.0" option.

HTH,

--

Sara

Thanks.  I tried that but it didn't work.  However, I was trying to conver the wrong MAC for those licenses....  Anyway it is working now.

Thanks for the reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: