cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 9.1.1 - The message is currently unavailable

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

I've got a customer on a single node CXN 9.1.1.20000-32. Every user is unable to access saved messages only with the error message "The message is currently unavailable". I'm not sure how to troubleshoot that. I'm not aware of a single service which is responsible for only saved messages, and there doesn't appear to be a storage space issue. I shotgunned it a bit and rebooted the server. No change though.

Any ideas?

thanks,

will

5 Replies 5

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

Some additional information:

In typical end user fashion, only saved messages within a specific date range are unable to be placed via the tui (vs ALL saved messages as previously reported). This is output from a port monitor while a user is trying to access one of said messages:

11:26:36,                         State - SubMsgPlay.cde!ValidMsgStreams
11:26:36,                         Event is [InvalidStreamEvent]
11:26:36,                         State - SubMsgPlay.cde!MessageButBodyNotAvailable

I can see the messages in CUDLI. The Message Archiver tool is unable to archive said messages:

[Thread 007], [14/05/07 10:26:49], (error) fetching email via IMAP. Message detials: User alias:<user>, error=ChilkatLog:
  FetchSingle:
    DllDate: Aug  5 2012
    UnlockPrefix: LNDBRGIMAPMAILQ
    Username: <me>
    Architecture: Little Endian; 32-bit
    Language: .NET 4.0
    VerboseLogging: 0
    fetchSingleEmailObject:
      FetchSingleComplete:
        ImapCmdSent: aaad UID FETCH 67 (FLAGS INTERNALDATE BODY.PEEK[])
        ImapCmdResp: aaad NO The specified message set is invalid.
      --FetchSingleComplete
    --fetchSingleEmailObject
    Failed.
  --FetchSingle
--ChilkatLog

Any ideas?

thanks,

will

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Will,

Is this issue for all users or just one user?

Do you have SIB (Unified Messaging)?

Any changes been done recently as COBRAS migration?

Check that the user as a display name and not empty otherwise the doble quotes ("") can cause the system to return a failsafe message.

What do you see in the application logs from RTMT (Real Time Monitoring Tool) ?

Regards,

David 

Yes to all users. No to SIB, COBRAS, and empty display name. I did not see anything in the app syslog messages if that's what you mean, and not sure which service would be applicable so not sure which to check.

For about a 2 week period, all users could listen to new messages but as soon as they ended the tui sessions and the messages were marked as read...when attempting to next access the saved messages, they got "The message is currently unavailable" message. They can hear the date, time, etc but can't play the message. What service would only apply to accessing saved messages?

thanks,

will

I also have exactly  same issue for one of my customer.

Not yet clear the root cause.Imacting all user in the CUC cluster.

After digging deeper, there was an earlier complaint of callers not hearing greetings or something similar. Without much investigation, a junior engineer went straight for a reboot. Apparently there was a hung process and maybe the inaccessible messages hadn't been written to disc yet - just conjecture.

Anyways, I exhausted every conceivable means of retrieving those messages. Same with TAC. No root cause was identified. One of those situations where a well-intentioned action (hasty reboot) meant to correct an issue probably caused more harm.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: