Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 9 (VM and AA)

I have BE5000 which runs CUCM and CUC 9.1.

I have setup AutoAttendant using Openning Greeting, so if I dial from outside I get to it just fine. If I call using one of the phones that has a voicemail, then it asks for my PIN and goes to VoiceMail. Now if the user does not have a mailbox then it forwards the call to AutAttendant - and I do not want this to happen. I'd like it to play a different message or something else if possible.

How do I do this?

I know that in Call Handlers I can specify extensions, but this does not seem to work if I allocate a number to AutoAttendant. Am I doing something wrong? Should I have partitions and search spaces set up, as I have none of these at the moment?

Many thanks,

Dmitry

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ensure your Direct call routing rule in UCXN lists "Attempt to signin" rule above "opening greeting" rule and that it points to Attempt to Sign In conversation.

Chris

Sara Sheridan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dmitry,

When you place a direct call to Unity Connection (i.e. dial the voice mail pilot number), the call is evaluated by the direct routing rules (under call routing). By default there are two rules listed in descending order of preference; Attempt Sign In, and Opening Greeting.

If a direct call is made from an extension associated with a Unity Connection subscriber, when we hit Attempt Sign In, the rule is matched because we recognise the calling number, and the call is sent to the Attempt Sign In conversation. If the call comes from an unidentified caller (internal or external), we will not match the Attempt Sign In, and instead be sent to the Opening Greeting. So as your call routing grows and you add more rules, the Opening Greeting might remain the final "last resort" option in case no other rules are matched.

I assume from your description that you have reconfigured the Opening Greeting to play a pre-recorded greeting, and maybe provide the caller with some options, like "press 1 for sales", and so on. There are a few quick ways that you can use the AA functionality on Unity Connection to acheive the desired behaviour (of having only external callers reach this option). For example:

1. Create a separate AA Hunt Pilot on CUCM. Then on Unity Connection, change the Routing Rule Conditions > Dialed Number to match the new AA Hunt Pilot.

2. Create a dummy DN on CUCM that is set to CFA to VM. Then on Unity Connection, create a Forwarding Rule that matches the DN.

Additionally, you can find more information on the Default Auto Attendant behaviour here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/administration/guide/9xcucsag040.html#wp1056617

I hope this helps,

--

Sara Sheridan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: