cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Basic vs Enhanced Licensing

EYC
Level 1
Level 1

All, I am not too familiar with the licensing model, We do have an active collaboration flex subscription for the following

UC Manager CUWL License (12.X)
UC Manager Enhanced License (12.x)
UC Manager Essential License (12.x)
UC Manager Telepresence Room License (12.x)
Unity Connection Enhanced Messaging User Licenses (12.x)

I am trying to upgrade my CUC cluster from 10.5 to 12.5. However in Unity connection when trying to subscribe to smart licensing, I have hit a insufficient licensing for Unity Connection Basic Messaging User Licenses (12.x). Can you all please advise what should I do ? In any case shouldn't enhanced messaging user licenses cover basic messaging? What is the difference anyway?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Robert Rhodes
Level 1
Level 1

From the Cisco Unity Connection 12.5 datasheet:

Type of licenses

●     Basic User License - Cisco Unity Connection user and interoperability functions are offered under a single, low-cost Basic user license that you can use for all core functionality (voicemail, unified messaging, or integrated messaging).

●     Enhanced User License - Get all the user and interoperability functions available with the Basic license plus the Cisco Survivable Remote Site Voicemail capability for branch-office users. Enhanced licensing provides a second standby mailbox at the branch office for remote users.

●     Cisco SpeechView (transcription services) is an additional per-subscriber, subscription-based license that provides speech-to-text capability. Learn more about Cisco SpeechView.

Note:         Both Basic and Enhanced capabilities are provided with Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL) and Cisco UC Enterprise Agreement Licensing.

charlesgv
Level 4
Level 4

Hi EYC,

What was your fix for this issue? We are seeing the same behavior at our end.

I got the Cisco AM to settle it.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: