Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Bulk user delete problem

Sandy Lee
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We've been running Bulk User Delete for a while with CUC 7.1(5) without problems, but now we get the following error when we try to delete users:

2012/07/31 09:17:49:     Alias=13567, Display Name=SRES 13567, ObjectID=40f55ffe-1ebd-497f-9d09-9ad389b6fa4e

2012/07/31 09:17:49: (error) StoredProc returned error on execute: ERROR - unable to allocate an environment handle.

CommandString=execute procedure csp_subscriberdelete ( pAuditAlias='fr99',pAuditComponent='BulkUserReset',pReplacementSubscriberObjectId='699a9be9-8177-49ec-91cd-c3d26825321e',pObjectId='40f55ffe-1ebd-497f-9d09-9ad389b6fa4e')

2012/07/31 09:17:49: (error) failure deleting User

As anyone had an issue like that before? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

Sandy.

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Any error referencing an "environment handle" is almost always related to the ODBC/.NET driver installation on the local client.  No error being returned from the server itself in this case (i.e. the stored proc itself is not throwing an error but rather the local client interface requesting the call).

I've seen this if folks have more than one version of the Informix ODBC driver installed (i.e. 2.9 and 3.5/3.7 installed over the top) - Informix is really, really twitchy about it's client configurations, using old school path appends to find it's bins and can easily get confused pulling the wrong bin files than the version being loaded.

If you've recently installed an updated version or the like (or even if you haven't) I'd recommend unisntalling all versions of the IBM Informix client SDK (ODBC driver) and install a fresh copy of the 3.5 or 3.7 off the site:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/InformixODBC/InformixODBC.html

-J

Did that, uninstall ODBC driver and BUD, installed ODBC 3.7 and BUD, but now I get "Connection to remote server failed ERROR [HY000] Informix ODBC driver Read error occured during connection attempt."

Can't login anymore.

Sandy,

Did you ever get an answer to this I am having exactly the same issue and I have tried installing the drivers on a new machine and un-installed and re-installed quite a few times now and I still get the same error.

Regards

Rick

Rick,

I did found out that the password for the user had a special character in it. Resetted the pwd for one with only letters and numbers and it solved the problem!

Hope this help.

Regards.

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for that, but we are just using alpha numerics for the password.

Regards

Use a short password like ucam

Thanks. changing the password to alphanumeric characters worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: