cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Call Handler and User Input

sdonnelly41
Level 1
Level 1

I am receiving reports that when customers call into and hit our AA they enter in the extension they want and sometimes it states the number is not valid and other times it just ignores the input and continues with the greeting. When I call in from my cell and test the same number I have zero issues. I have 48 ports configured and registered from my Cisco CUCM Cluster to the Unity Cluster. The mailboxes exist within Unity so I'm all set there and I've setup the handlers to accept numbers not in Unity and all caller input options are set to unlock, yet I still receive complaints. I've exhausted all options I can think of anyone else have thoughts on this?

Calls flow is PSTN > PRI> Cisco 4300 Cube > CUCM > Unity (11.5 for all servers)

5 Replies 5

sdonnelly41
Level 1
Level 1
Also to add this checking RTMT I can see one person who reported issues. They call in and hit the AA then I see then transferring to the voice mail pilot and then never make it to the extension they typed in.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
That sounds like some DTMF digits are being missed/not recognized, at least that would explain both symptoms.

Is CUC using SIP or old SCCP integration?
What is the config between the gateway and CUCM?

CUC is expecting the DSP in the router to recognize DTMF events and pass them forward, either as RFC2833 or OOB. Since it works some of the time that would suggest it’s not a config issue but perhaps a volume problem or the audio tone is unusable (eg too short, distorted, etc).

I suggest collecting as much info about the callers who experience it as possible: who are they (eg a customer who might be willing to reproduce it the issue for troubleshooting), what are they calling from (carrier, cell or landline), what extension did they dial (help find in logs), does the audio from CUC sound clear or is it crackly/garbled/echo/etc that could suggest interference that is confusing the DSP.

@Jonathan Schulenberg wrote:
That sounds like some DTMF digits are being missed/not recognized, at least that would explain both symptoms.

Is CUC using SIP or old SCCP integration?
What is the config between the gateway and CUCM?

CUC is expecting the DSP in the router to recognize DTMF events and pass them forward, either as RFC2833 or OOB. Since it works some of the time that would suggest it’s not a config issue but perhaps a volume problem or the audio tone is unusable (eg too short, distorted, etc).

I suggest collecting as much info about the callers who experience it as possible: who are they (eg a customer who might be willing to reproduce it the issue for troubleshooting), what are they calling from (carrier, cell or landline), what extension did they dial (help find in logs), does the audio from CUC sound clear or is it crackly/garbled/echo/etc that could suggest interference that is confusing the DSP.

Hello Jonathan. From CUC we are using SCCP. From the GW to CUCM we haveit setup as h323. It's been about a month now since it started and of course in typical fashion the telco is stating it's not on their end and I have spoken with Cisco and they felt my config was good. It seems like most often those having issues are calling from mobile phones but I am not certain on the carriers. For the sound from CUC it's typically crystal clear, but I have received 2-3 complaints that messages left were crackly. Hopefully I have answered all your questions. 

It could be assoicated with the DTMF Relay. Check your voip dial peer in VG if you have configured dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric.

HTH

Please rate helpful posts.

VJ

My existing dial-peer looks like this. I was wondering if I should change to this, dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-alphanumeric h245-signal

dial-peer voice 10 voip
preference 2
destination-pattern 4...
progress_ind setup enable 3
voice-class codec 100
voice-class h323 1
session target ipv4:172.16.4.5
incoming called-number .
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
ip qos dscp cs5 media
no vad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: