cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Call Handler Question

ouhakheme
Level 3
Level 3

We have users that exist in Unity Connection only, not in CallManager.

We have a Call Handler that asks for the user's 5 digit extension at any time, and then prepends 2 additional digits during caller input for the actual DN. Unity then looks at CallManager for the extension, and if it doesn't find it, plays the user's greeting.

Is it possible to forgo looking in Callmanager for these users that exist in Unity only?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Ohamien

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ohamien,

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish with the call handler.  If you're asking for digits to be entered and UC prepends some digits, UC will transfer the call to CUCM destined for the digits that were input by the caller.  If the transfer fails for any reason, the call will roll back to UC and play the transferring object's greeting (the call handler's typically).

From the sounds of it, you're saying that the call gets transferred however, it plays the subscriber's personal greeting.  Are you wanting it to ring the phone of the user?  If that's true, you'll need to check the Transfer Settings on the user account and make sure it's set to ring their extension and not send to greeting.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Yeah no, maybe I wasn't clear.

If the transfer fails for any reason, the call will roll back to UC and play the transferring object's greeting (the call handler's typically).

Is it possible to send the calls to the user's personal greeting instead?  These phones do not exist in CCM and will always fail.

Unfortunately, nothing can be configured in UC to handle that situation.  I'm not sure why you would prepend 2 digits if you know these extensions don't exist.  Is there something specific you're trying to accomplish with this call flow?

Brad

The users have 7 digit DNs; however, they only know their 5 digit extension.  So I prepend the extra two digits.

These are voicemail only accounts.  The AutoAttendant is used for customers to leave a Voicemail based on the 5 digit extension.  Which is why no one has a account in CCM.

Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: