cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection call handler

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I have built several System Call Handlers for different locations in  our system.  Each one plays out a message and gives the caller several  options.  I want to have the system transfer them to a specific  extension if they do not choose any options and the greeting ends.   There will be a different extension for each call handler.

The  question is how do I do this?  Under the greeting I do not see an  option to transfer the caller to a specific extension on the call  manager after the greeting plays out under the After Greeting section.

Seth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Seth,

You can setup another Call Handler for the transfer action.  If you go to the Transfer settings for a Call Handler, you will see a Transfer Action.  Typically, the Standard transfer action is to send the caller to "greetings".   You can modify this setting to send a caller to another extension.

So, you could have a call handler play a greeting and provide the IVR prompts.  On this call handler, you can modify the After Greeting action to "Attempt Transfer" to another Call Handler which is simply used to transfer callers.  You will want to disable greetings and make sure the Transfer Action is an extension you would like to send callers to.

If the extensions you are trying to send callers to are assigned to users and are also the extensions users use to access voicemail, then you could also do a transfer from your IVR-CallHandler to the extension of a mailbox user.  You just need to make sure that the mailbox user Transfer Action is sending callers to the phone system and not the greeting.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Seth,

You can setup another Call Handler for the transfer action.  If you go to the Transfer settings for a Call Handler, you will see a Transfer Action.  Typically, the Standard transfer action is to send the caller to "greetings".   You can modify this setting to send a caller to another extension.

So, you could have a call handler play a greeting and provide the IVR prompts.  On this call handler, you can modify the After Greeting action to "Attempt Transfer" to another Call Handler which is simply used to transfer callers.  You will want to disable greetings and make sure the Transfer Action is an extension you would like to send callers to.

If the extensions you are trying to send callers to are assigned to users and are also the extensions users use to access voicemail, then you could also do a transfer from your IVR-CallHandler to the extension of a mailbox user.  You just need to make sure that the mailbox user Transfer Action is sending callers to the phone system and not the greeting.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thank you for the help.  I was thinking the same thing just not sure if there was another way to do it.

Seth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: