cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Call Transfer with Caller ID

mbaig6699
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering if someone know hot to transfer call with the caller id. For example, when call come from outside on main line, user try to do line transfers to someone it shows the call coming from them.  Is there any way that we can alert the call recipient that the call is coming from a transfer from the main line.

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried changing this parameter:

This parameter determines whether Cisco CallManager displays the  original calling party number for calls that are transferred from the  Cisco Unity voice messaging system. Valid values specify True (display  the original calling number when a call is transferred from a Unity  voice messaging port) or False (display the number of the Unity voice  messaging port through which the call was transferred).                                                                                                   This is a required field.                                                                                                                           Default:                  False   

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Jaime,

This should work. I will be testing this evening to make sure it works in our environments. Thanks for your help.

Mike Baig

Hi Jamie, I did your suggestion, and now I can see calling number on my ipphone when I make inbound call from Pstn. But before the call is answered showing unknown, but after the call answered I can see the actual calling number. Is there anything I should adjust to change unknown to actual calling number ? I use MGCP with fxo ports. Thanks.

Jaime,

Does changing this setting cause any interruption in Service at all? Or is this something that can be done during the day?

No, this doesn't affect services

HTH

java

Thank you... 

I have this set but in one scenario its not working

Working Scenario: Directory Handler -> Caller input sends to a Subscriber --> Shows actual Calling #

Problem Scenario: Directory Handler -> Caller input send to another Call Handler--> transfer to an extension(based on the transfer rule) --> Shows the Calling number as "unknown"

Both from same phone to same destination. how to correct this

CUCM 11.1

CUC 11.5

were you able to resolve this 

thank you

Hi

Have you been able to solve this problem?

I have the same problem.

Best regards

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: