cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Cluster CUWL License help

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

One of customer has bought Unity Connection , we need to install this in  cluster for HA . It is CUWL licensing, since CUWL , Cluster and HA is new to me I need some help from our pro's.

I have 3 PAK but not sure how to register and get the license because of this line in admin guide

"When a Cisco Unity Connection cluster (high availability) is configured, two licenses are required. The license that has the MAC address of the publisher server must be installed on the publisher server. The license that has the MAC address of the subscriber server must be installed on the subscriber server".

Here are the part numbers came with the PAK

L-UNITYCN7-UWL-USR

UNITYCN7-HA-MX 

UCXN-70-UWL-USR               

How do I register and get license for both the primary and failover servers MAC address?  Do I have to register with both MAC address ?

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You just need to send an email to licensing@cisco.com and tell them what PAK codes you have.  Go ahead and send

the Eth0 MAC of the Publisher and Subscriber but specify which is which for TAC.  They'll work with you then to get the correct licenses set up for the cluster servers.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: