cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Directory Handler Infinite Loop - If user keeps attempting invalid spelling

m.gravel
Level 1
Level 1

Version: Unity Connection 8.5

When a caller uses the directory handler and they continue to attempt to spell a users name wrong or an invalid user in Unity Connection it  will loop indefinately as long as the caller keeps trying to spell the name.  Is there any way to error this out after "x" amount of attempts to an operator?  My customer is looking for this feature and after trying it out myself it seems like a valid request.

The same goes true if voice enabled is checked as well.  It doesn't cut you off after failing "x" amount of times and keeps asking you to try again.

The alternative or workaround for this would be if we could change the system prompts to remind the user to press 0 for assistance.  This is only played once at the initial entry into the directory handler.  The sytem prompts that continually ask the user to retry do not remind the user to press 0. 

What would be nice is another option in Caller Input for failed attempts.  Where you can set the value of "x" and determine where it should route to if that failed attempt number is reached.

Jeff L?

Marc

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marc,

There's no resolution for this behavior for either TUI or VUI in 8.5.  Future versions of 8.6 have the VUI (voice) enabled directory handler conversation modified to remind users how to kick out to an operator or cancel.  The VUI can be a bit more confusing and users have a higher chance of getting lost in voice commands, so it was modified.  However, the TUI portion of directory handlers still remain unchanged.  In your situation, you would need to change the recorded prompt as you mentioned, as a way to remind users how to escape.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the prompt response.  I checked the customers current Nortel system which we are migrating from and it has the same infinite loop without prompting as well.  Although I think the customer request makes sense I believe we should be able to deal with this as a unsupported feature.

The changes you mentioned for 8.6 to VUI are good.  Do you think these changes will make it to the TUI in a future release? 

Thanks,

Marc

Marc,

There aren't any plans to modify the TUI in future releases.  You may be able to press the account team for a feature request.

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: